MUNICIPAL GARBAGE PICK-UP CHARGES AND LANDFILL TIPPING FEES
GENERAL INFORMATION: The Municipal Landfill is generally accessible by request only. During business hours, contact Public Works at 705-336-3649. Landfill Operating days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (excluding holidays). Tipping Fees must be paid in advance of dumping, at the Municipal Office during business hours. Hazardous Waste and/or Contaminated Materials WILL NOT be accepted at the Municipal Landfill.
WEEKLY GARBAGE PICK-UP – RESIDENTIAL - Standard once-weekly garbage pick-up for residences is waste/refuse bagged and fitting into one (1) standard curbside garbage box. Cardboard must be broken down and placed in the allowable curbside box. Any additional refuse is subject to additional charges/tipping fees.
WEEKLY GARBAGE PICK-UP - NON-RESIDENTIAL / COMMERCIAL - Standard once-weekly garbage pick-up for commercial businesses is three (3) standard garbage cans of refuse, fitting into a curbside garbage box (or other accessible location as approved by Public Works). Any additional refuse is subject to additional charges/tipping fees.
- NEW REQUIREMENT FOR NON-RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL - Cardboard and Styrofoam/packaging materials are subject to additional charges unless broken down and placed into the allowable curbside garbage box. Alternatively, non-residential / commercial customers may break down the cardboard and packaging materials and take it to the landfill free of charge, on landfill operating days, with prior arrangements by contacting Public Works. Cardboard must be separated from other materials and all materials must be deposited in designated areas at the landfill.
LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH – DOMESTIC/RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE ONLY
- The municipal landfill site is open to Moosonee residents on the last Saturday of every month (unless other notice provided), for residents to dump excess Domestic/Residential Garbage only.
- Domestic Garbage DOES NOT include Building Materials, Tires, Scrap Cars/Metal, White Goods, and/or Furniture – all of these types of items are subject to Tipping Fees, and must be paid for in advance of dumping, at the Municipal Office during business hours.
- Non-Residential / Commercial waste WILL NOT be accepted on the last Saturday of the month, or during Spring/Fall Clean-Up days.
- Hours of Operation on the last Saturday of the month are as follows (and Spring/Fall Clean-up days):
8:00 am to 10:00 am & 10:20 am to 12:00 pm
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm & 3:20 pm to 4:00 pm
- SPRING CLEAN-UP FOR DOMESTIC/RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE ONLY – All information above is applicable. The Landfill will be open to Moosonee Residents on the last Saturday and Sunday of MAY and the first Saturday and Sunday of JUNE for spring clean up of domestic garbage and yard waste. Domestic waste and yard waste must be separated and deposited in designated areas at the landfill.
- FALL CLEAN-UP FOR DOMESTIC/RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE ONLY - All information above is applicable. The Landfill will be open to Moosonee Residents on the last Saturday and Sunday of SEPTEMBER and the first Saturday and Sunday of OCTOBER for fall clean up of domestic garbage and yard waste. Domestic waste and yard waste must be separated and deposited in designated areas at the landfill.
FEES FOR ADDITIONAL WASTE PICK UP WITH THE GARBAGE PACKER - $90.00 per half (½) hour, plus $30.00 per cubic meter of garbage picked up. Minimum charge of one ½ hour. Commercial Customers may be eligible to set up an account with the Town for billing purposes (must have accounts in good standing/non-delinquent). To be arranged with the Public Works Manager. To arrange for additional waste pick up, please contact Public Works, and make payment in advance at the Municipal Office during business hours.
LANDFILL TIPPING FEES (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays – excluding holidays)
NOTE: All waste must be separated and deposited in the designated areas of the municipal landfill, as directed.
BUILDING MATERIALS & GENERAL WASTE
$ 30.00 = Standard rate per cubic meter of general waste
$ 60.00 = ½ Ton Truck Box Load (2 cyc)
$ 60.00 = Small Trailer (similar size to truck box)
$100.00 = Single Axle Truck Box Load (3/4 ton and over)
$150.00 = Tandem Truck
$150.00 = Trailer Dump (walled containment)
WHITE GOODS -- ALL fridges, freezers, washing machines, dryers and ovens must have doors removed and where applicable, Freon removed and tagged.
$ 35.00 = Washers, Dryers, Stoves
$ 35.00 = Fridges (Freon removed and tagged)
$ 35.00 = Freezers (Freon removed and tagged)
Fridges and Freezers that are not tagged will not be accepted at the Landfill.
TIRES and SCRAP CARS
TIRES and SCRAP CARS (no charge)
Truck Tires FREE
Heavy Equipment Tires FREE
All tires free of rims to be delivered to Public Works facility located at Mistik Blvd.
*Scrap cars or other large scrap must have all fluids removed and tires removed from rims. Public Works to be contacted prior to delivery to the scrap yard on David Wynn Drive
NOTE: Landfill Tipping Fees on Tuesdays and Thursdays are subject to an additional fee of $35.00 to open the landfill, plus applicable Tipping Fee.
ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO HST.
NOTE: Landfill Tipping Fees on Tuesdays and Thursdays have an additional Fee of $35.00 per trip, plus fees associated with items disposed as above.